Saturday, February 23, 2008

POTW 2/17/08

So, here are just a few of my fav's from this past week. I've been extremely busy developing pics for clients, and working on business details and such, so that's why I haven't been blogging much, but I am itching to share my new "magic lens" photos! lol! But note that they have all been resized for web viewing, which takes away quite a bit of that quality that we all love!

The above was taken with a much less vivid saturation than the rest below. Totally different look, but I like them both for their own reasons.



She was just writing/drawing away...




Now these below are all from outside on our new swing set, which is a very red/orange wood set, which affected the white balance, giving me the extremely warm, orange tinted pics. Can they be fixed in lightroom you ask? Quite possibly, but I actually like them like this, :)



Notice the extremely shallow depth of field. That comes from the F1.8. I LOVE that effect!







Remember that F1.8 I mentioned earlier? Here it is in all of it's glory! Take a look at that bokeh!!!!! See those circles behind Izzybear? Super shallow DOF, and a perfect looking circle is from great quality aperture blades!!! On a bokeh photo with poor quality aperture blades, you would see more of a polygonal shaped bokeh, due to less or poor quality aperture blades. Ok, I feel like such a nerd, and I don't even know why i bothered explaining all of that! haha! But I find it interesting, and I am just super excited about my lens! :) But, ok, you've had enough geek talk, I will stop now. hehe.

1 comment:

belinda said...

I can see why you were so excited to play with your new lens. You're turning out some brilliant photos. What a great gift from Lucas!